Prof. Charles Kwesiga
World Association of Industrial and Technological Research Organisations:2nd Vice President
Uganda Petroleum Institute, Kigumba (UPIK):Chairman of the Governing Council
Uganda Government.:Special Presidential Assistant (advisor) for Productivity and Competitiveness
United Nations Economic Council for Africa (UNECA) on Africa Technology Transfer Networks.:Advisory Team Member
Prof. Charles Kwesiga is the Executive Director of Uganda Industrial Research Institute (UIRI). An Industrial Engineer by profession, Charles Kwesiga has significant experience as a corporate manager, management consultant, educator, and entrepreneur.
As Executive Director he oversees the Institute’s activities that include: technology transfer; technology diffusion; process and product development; business incubation; contract engineering services and applied R&D. Highly regarded by his peers and other professionals, Professor Kwesiga’s other extra-curricular activities include the following:
- 2nd Vice President of WAITRO (World Association of Industrial and Technological Research Organisations).
- Chairman of the Governing Council of the newly established Uganda Petroleum Institute, Kigumba (UPIK)
- Special Presidential Assistant (advisor) for Productivity and Competitiveness, Uganda Government.
- Member of Board of Control of the Senior Command and Staff College Kimaka of Uganda Peoples Defence Forces.Prof Kwesiga is also a member of teaching staff.
- Dr Kwesiga serves as one of the five-member advisory team for United Nations Economic Council for Africa (UNECA) on Africa Technology Transfer Networks.